I find everyday presents inspirations for projects. Hope you enjoy my ideas.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Rope Soap Dispenser

I just had to make a cute soap dispenser for Ryan's powder room.  The rope waste baskets (tp spare roll holders) are so fun...why not match them with a rope covered bottle to continue his nautical theme.  Super easy and fast.  I took an empty glass hand soap bottle
a glue gun, a spool of clothesline rope...
and started gluing and winding the rope around
the bottle, from bottom to top
(bottle in photo is clear rather than the opaque bottle above
...other half of a set)

and...after 20 minutes or so...

So, the new soap dispenser will sit on the 
pedestal sink as soon as I can deliver it


UndertheTableandDreaming


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the soap holder! So now you have me thinking about what I could wrap around an empty bottle -- I am sort of going for an Eastern Asia/ Buddah theme in our bathroom (lots of browns, tans, and buddah images). I am definitely going to keep my eyes open and "borrow" your idea!

    PS: So glad the tsunami didn't affect you too much! I was thinking about you a lot when I heard it was headed toward Hawaii (wasn't sure if you were there or not!). I feel terrible, though, for what other folks are experiencing :<

    ReplyDelete