I find everyday presents inspirations for projects. Hope you enjoy my ideas.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Argyle Sweater for Kale

Having a new grandchild affords all kinds of opportunity for projects.  I've been a "so-so" knitter forever but haven't done much in the last 20 years or so...not since my children were little enough not to complain about what I dressed them in. Now with our new grandson Kale I can make things for him to wear and he doesn't have much to say about it yet...it's really fun.  I just finished a little argyle cardigan for him...very preppy...too cute.  It took much longer than I'd anticipated...complicated (for me) pattern...but fun.  The collar was supposed to be navy but I ran short. A little big for him yet, I did a 12 month size so it wouldn't be too small before I even got it finished...so no modeling pictures except for one "try-on" iPhoto. I have just enough yarn for a white hat with blue and green stripes.  My daughter wanted an argyle hat but I'm ready to be finished with this project and move on...so it will be simple.





4 month old Kale squirming in
his new sweater

1 comment:

  1. Lovely sweater, and the booties are cute too. Lucky Kale!

    ReplyDelete