I find everyday presents inspirations for projects. Hope you enjoy my ideas.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cell Phone Case

We've been at the Hawaii House for several weeks, but sadly it's getting time to close up the place and head back to California.  I aways like to leave my caretaker Audrey a small gift when we leave.  She was here the other day to see pictures of our new grand baby and mentioned she was always dropping her phone.  I thought a quilted Hawaiian print phone case would be a fun little gift.  I took scraps from other projects and quilted two rectangles (I just eyeballed the size an inch or two larger than my phone) I used a strip of masking tape as my quilting guide...just moved it after each row
Next I trimmed the quilted rectangles to 1/2" larger than my phone
(just enough for a seam allowance) and cut 2 pieces of lining
Next I sewed side seams and one end closed 
(right sides together) leaving an inch or so open
on the end of the lining piece (for turning)
Next turn lining piece right side out and stuff into quilted piece
(so right sides are together) If you want a small loop or hangar now
is the time to sew it between the lining and main piece
Sew around the top edge matching seams
Pull lining piece out and turn assemblage right side out 
through the small hole left in the lining 

Stuff the lining down into the quilted piece,
topstitch along the top edge to keep lining in place
and you've got a cute padded cell phone case







6 comments:

  1. hey there! What a cute and easy tutorial you got there . :) thanks for sharing!

    Anyhoo, have a nice day ! <3
    The Creative Muslimah @ www.thecreativemuslimah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Friends,

    This blog is very good tutorial to make a beautiful cell cover. Thanks for sharing creative ideas. Thanks a lot....
    Cell Cases

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you have here, I was hoping to find something like this! My friend just got a nice phone from a cell phone store in Calgary and ever since they've wanted a nice case. I think I will have to make one as a Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a good idea. You should think about putting these in a cell phone store in calgary. So many people would buy them. How much would you sell them for?

    ReplyDelete
  5. As mentioned, there are no covers that will fit with every phone and there are no universal covers. Various models require specific cases as each model will vary in dimension, and the same model will vary from year to year. Shields and skins are two other types of cases that will only fit the specific model they were designed for.

    E_Cell

    ReplyDelete