I find everyday presents inspirations for projects. Hope you enjoy my ideas.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Nautical Pillows

I've had this project in mind for quite a long time.  Ryan's bedroom (at the Manzanita remodel) has been the last place we've worked on (since it's upstairs and no one sees it).  To continue the nautical theme I thought it would be cool to make a bunch of 18" square pillows for the head of his bed using signal flag designs.  I went to Kona last monday and bought a yard of red, white, blue and yellow.  I didn't really care which (flag) letters I used, I was sort of going for cute and colorful.  Imagine my surprise and disappointment when I saw the nautical napkin post by Purl Bee yesterday.  Now I look like a big ole copycat :(  Oh well, happens alot in blogland I guess...She did a really nice job and I'd suggest checking out her post.  Great tutorial and great photos.  I haven't finished yet...Ryan arrives from Asia today and so we'll head into Kona to pick him up and maybe I can stop by the yardage store for zippers and backing.  Thought I'd share my progress so far...these are VERY colorful and quite pretty...think they'll make a statement in a white beadboard room!






No comments:

Post a Comment