I find everyday presents inspirations for projects. Hope you enjoy my ideas.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Macbook Travel Case

We travel quite a bit and taking a computer through airport screening can cause a bit of hassle depending on the individual TSA folks you meet.  I decided a cloth "bag" to hold my MacBook Air would streamline the process (many airports let the bag go thru x-ray without even removing the computer).  It is very simple to make, lightweight, padded enough to protect the computer and handy to carry when your arms are full of things in the security line.
I just took a 1/2 yard of fabric and freehand quilted it around
the cool Hawaiian design.  Added straps that I'd edged with bias tape and 
sewed velcro strips to keep it closed.


And...with all the cords that I take for recharging and
photo downloading I made a matching drawstring
bag.  Too easy and handy to keep all the electronics 
in one place.




1 comment:

  1. how cute and simple!! It's always nice to carry around a little tote thats handmade by yourself :) it makes it extra special :) Love the colours of yours!

    -www.thecreativemuslimah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete