I find everyday presents inspirations for projects. Hope you enjoy my ideas.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Patchwork Pillow

So...I had all these little leftover silkscreened squares (for the tissue covers).

I've already made 4 covers... that's probably enough and thought I could use them in a new project ...
A patchwork pillow sounded fun...and since the scraps were 6"x5.5" I just trimmed them to 5.5" square, which when pieced together made a 16" square pillow.  I laid out my pattern...

 then stitched each stripe
making sure to iron open each seam
I sewed all three stripes, then lined up the individual 
seams and sewed the stripes together
then, just take the 16" square and sew it to a solid backing, 
insert hidden zipper in bottom seam and stuff with a pillow form.
Too cute and very nautical!

UndertheTableandDreaming




3 comments:

  1. Laurie - this is very cute - I like the patchwork idea - perfect for summertime! Thanks so much for linking up to the Sunday Showcase Party - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this today.
    Hope you are enjoying your week
    ~ Stephanie Lynn
    www.bystephanielynn.com

    ReplyDelete