I find everyday presents inspirations for projects. Hope you enjoy my ideas.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Home From the Italy Bike Trip

Whew...I'm tired.  Jet lag has me...went to bed at 10:00 (after our flight home from Venice) got up at 2:30 am ugh.  Anyway...you can really get a lot done in the middle of the night.  4 loads of laundry, all unpacked, bills paid, e:mails read and written, all my fun blogs read and it's still only 6:47 am!!!!  Thought I'd share a couple of pictures from the trip...it was really fun.  We rode about 30 miles everyday...from Verona to Venice.  It was FLAT...so easy pedaling.  We had some fabulous food and wine (maybe a little too much) and stayed at two unbelievable hotels (Villa Feltrinelli on Lake Garda and the Cipriani in Venice) wowsers.


A little wine tasting


me cruising on my bike


our friends we biked with (think we're bright enough??? no cars were hitting us!)


a typical bike path along the river


we had a pasta (tortellini) making lesson
although I've made my own pasta for 30 years...it's always fun
to see someone else's "tricks of the trade" This was Ada...she's 85...imagine
how many miles of pasta she's made!


our bike guides Nathan and Vickie...fabulous fabulous.  
we all wore masks and went for a gondola ride once we arrived in Venice


and picturesque Venice


and...how NOT to visit Venice


I found a really cool scarf in an open air market that I'm going to copy...
will post pics in the next few days.  The Manzanita project continues...
I'll be helping Ryan paint the next couple of weeks until I return to Hawaii.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an awesome trip -- love, love, love the pictures! So glad that you all got to have such fabulous food and wine! I definitely have to do this in the future! I am just not sure how well I would do on a bike after even a few glasses of wine! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Laurie,I really like your blog...by the way...I live near Garda Lake (next to Desenzano).Regards from Italy!

    ReplyDelete