I find everyday presents inspirations for projects. Hope you enjoy my ideas.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Quilted Hawaiian Print Handbag

Took Chris to the airport yesterday, picking up Ryan today (he's here for the 1/2 Ironman). I had a few hours to myself and decided to work on a project I've had in mind for sometime...


I wanted the purse quilted, so picked up some lining fabric and batting and 
quilted the body of the purse and the two end panels.




Next, I cut out 2 strips of the main fabric 3"x45", sewed the ends 
together and made one continuous strap


I attached the strap to the body of the purse


Carefully, so not to catch the straps in the seam, 
I sewed the two ends together and put in a zipper


I turned the whole piece inside out and sewed the end pieces,
I even put a small pocket overlapping one end for keys or a cell phone.


The quilting took the most time, but I'm pretty happy with the final product!



Visit thecsiproject.com







No comments:

Post a Comment