I find everyday presents inspirations for projects. Hope you enjoy my ideas.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Tote Bag

Mother's Day is coming...think I just figured out mom's gift:)  I found this really cool tutorial on //Between the lines// here and just had to try it.  With all the great Hawaiian fabric available at super reasonable prices I think I'll have to make a tote bag for all my buddies.  And thanks to Costco...the Hawaii House now has a sewing machine...way fun.
If you want to try making one, I suggest you take at look at the tutorial
she does a great job of describing each step, but I'll show you a few of mine.
Here's my pattern piece pinned to the lining fabric

Two lining pieces, two outside pieces

Pieces sewn right sides together

Straps complete, then just have to sew right sides together and 
turn right side out.  Sounds complicated when you first read it, 
but makes sense as you go along...trust me.



1 comment:

  1. You did a wonderful job! And I love the print of the lining!

    ReplyDelete