I find everyday presents inspirations for projects. Hope you enjoy my ideas.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ticket Bowl
















Remember the cool tickets you used to get at carnivals? Here's a simple project to make a really neat bowl from a roll of tickets...VERY easy.




You will need a roll of tickets (available at stationery supply stores), glue, mod podge, and a brush. Glue the first 5 or 6 tickets down to keep the roll from unraveling. When the glue is dry, start forming your bowl by pushing in on the center of the roll (much like pulling a bowl on a potter's wheel). Slowly push in with your thumbs as you raise the sides with your fingers. It will feel tight...but you can slowly "shape" the bowl pushing and pulling the ticket roll. Larger rolls of tickets will yield larger bowls...a ticket roll of 6" yields a bowl approximately 5" tall. Once you are happy with the shape...apply several coats of mod podge to seal and strengthen. The finished bowl will not be water-tite but looks good on a bookshelf or coffee table. The tickets come in many colors...

8 comments:

  1. Who would have thought? so very cool! I will have to keep my eye out for a roll of tickets now. thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie-
    This is so clever and unique. You said its not water tight, but it would be fun to put popcorn in when watching a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute !!! perfect for a carnival theme wedding

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made several of these. I pull the little cardboard circle out and roll the inner tickets tight so there is no hole though. A bit more work but worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool. I would love to see one of these on my bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, this is so creative!! What a great idea! I saw your link on "All things paper" :-) I really like your blog!!

    Love,

    The Creative Muslimah @ www.thecreativemuslimah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your link on all things paper as well! This is such a fun and colorful use of tickets. They would make great holiday gifts. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete